Friday, February 17, 2012

Parsnips, Not Potatoes



I've recently been a part of a pop-up group called Parsnips, not Potatoes with a few of my high school friends and we had our first event last Saturday for a Valentine's Day Special. Shin was the head chef while myself, Kristin, and Matt helped with things food related. Yumi and Mimi were in charge of decorations and Phiton was in charge of photos, videos, and the website. I wish I could say that I took these photos, but they were taken by the very talented Phiton.


Anyway, this was such a great experience and I plan on helping out more, but gosh starting up a restaurant is a TON of work. Timing of serving is difficult, prep takes days, great presentation is difficult, the list goes on and on. But I must say, the food we served was all phenomenal thanks to Shin, so much that I'm going to try to recreate the salad with a different protein this Sunday. Here is what the menu was:


1. Petite Croque-Madame Topped with Fried Quail Egg And Mornay Sauce


2. Roasted Chicken Thigh on a Winter Slaw Kale


3. Beef Bourguignon with Short Ribs Over Root Vegetables


4. Walnut Crumble Deep Dish Fruit Pie Apples, Pairs, Cranberries And Figs

So if you like what you see, be sure to check Parsnips, not Potatoes out! Their next event is in April.







No comments:

Post a Comment