Sunday, February 5, 2012

Waffles



Waffles! I had been craving waffles for a long time so it was about time that I made them. This is Nate's mom's recipe which is supposedly famous around Washburn, Wisconsin so I decided to try it out. I wish I could say that I actually cooked the waffles, but I'll admit that Nate and his brother Jeremy were the ones cooking while Val and I were just sitting around drinking coffee. The waffles turned out perfectly though. They were so fluffy and tasted great with blueberries. I played around with my shutter speed to get a shot of the maple syrup being poured onto the waffles, which you see above. To get this shot, I needed a lot of light so I made a makeshift setup on the computer chair next to a window that was pouring in direct sunlight. You do what you gotta do!

I realize I never talked about the pop-up restaurant that I helped out with. I wish I had pictures to post, but there really wasn't time since there was so much prepping to be done. It was a great experience especially because you realize how much people appreciate good food. Our chef got raving reviews and I can't wait to help again for the Valentine's day special. I will be posting again soon because I got some great pictures from Super Bowl Sunday of food that Emily made. She even let me use her fixed lens for a little while and got some great pictures out of it. Stand by!


No comments:

Post a Comment