Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Macaroni and Cheese



I've been wanting to make this macaroni and cheese recipe for a long time and since it is basically a huge casserole, why not invite some friends over? So I invited Mike and Emily over who just recently got married, but there was an alterior motive. Emily is a photography whiz! She has been so helpful during my learning process so the least I could do was cook her a meal. =)


I'm starting to see that photography is really about give and take and it's starting to get frustrating. This shoot was no exception. There wasn't as much light as I had wished so I had to increase the aperture, but with that, I lost some focus in the shot when that was not my intention. You'll see that the thyme is a little out of focus; gosh, I really need to learn how to shoot photos indoors! I'm also very confused with how much ISO I should use. In my photography class, the teacher really advised against it, but sometimes I just don't know how to bring light into my picture. Luckily, Emily gave me a few tips about using white balance to bring more light and ambience to a picture so I will be experimenting with that. Enjoy!


3 comments: