Friday, January 13, 2012

SUSHI POT LUCK



So I've tried to upload these photos all week but blogspot was being slow on me so here they finally are! On Saturday, a bunch of friends and I got together to make Japanese food. Nate and I had taken a sushi making class a long time ago and learned how to make mushroom inari rolls so we brought this to the pot luck. We all also made sushi rolls with various fillings like cucumber, avocados, and mangos. To make sushi rolls at home, all you have to do is get Grade A sushi from a Japanese market and get creative with fillings. It is pretty affordable and a little goes a long way.


Anyway, the inari rolls are easy; you just have to buy inari rolls and shiitake mushrooms. You saute the mushrooms with equal portions of soy sauce and mirin, then stuff the inari with rice, then the mushrooms and voila! you are done. I don't know the exact measurements because I just eyeball it now, but just make sure there is just enough liquid for the mushrooms to absorb. Don't overdo it. Anway, I encourage everyone to make sushi at home. I haven't gotten food poisoning once yet! =) I wish I had pictures of everything from that day like the twix bars and boston creme cupcakes Rui made, but I only got pictures of the sushi and the inari rolls. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment