Sunday, January 8, 2012

Banana-blueberry smoothie



I went to breakfast this morning with my sister and her friend Megan and my sister and I were craving a smoothie, but the restaurant only had a green matcha smoothie. Who would order that? Anyway, I got home and walked Cooper over to Trader Joe's to pick up ingredients for a smoothie. I played around with the proportions and the results were perfect! I was a little nervous that the smoothie would be too tart because the blueberries weren't very sweet, but it turned out really good.

I wish the colors were a little more vibrant, but I made due with what I had. I also wish I had a straw to put in the cup/jar but that's ok. If you can tell in the first picture, I really tried to concentrate on the blueberries and LOVED that you could see some water droplets on the fruit. I LOVE MY CAMERA.

I will be posting some more pictures shortly of a Japanese themed pot luck we had on Saturday. We had sushi, mushroom inari rolls, soba with dashi, Boston creme cupcakes, and homemade twix bars! I didn't get pictures of it all because I was too distracted playing BOGGLE, but I will post what I have later.

2 comments:

  1. Yum ill have to try that. Blueberry smoothies are my favorite . Interested to See how the orange juice will play out.

    Not a matcha green tea fan either :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that tons of people are making smoothies at home. I see so many recipes but none of them have ever made me say YUM until I saw this one. I am a blueberry fan through and through. So big YUMMY thumbs up from me!

    ReplyDelete