Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tomato Tart






I made my very first homemade puff pastry! Admittedly, it was only because I was at Trader Joe's and they didn't have any and I was too lazy to go to Ralph's to get it, but regardless, I'm glad I didn't. Pastry dough is so easy. Anyway, on to the main course, the tomato tart. I LOVE this recipe. I will be making it again and again. It is so simple and has so much flavor. The recipe is from none other than Ina Garten, the Barefood Contessa. She is the one chef on the food network that I can watch straight for hours because her food just always look and sounds amazing.


I love the addition of white wine to the onions as well as the thyme. I went to the Santa Monica Farmer's market to get all the herbs and produce while practicing my photography in the natural sunlight. I really want to make a habit of this because Farmer's Market vegetables have a noticeable freshnss in taste to me. I've also decided that thyme and basil are my favorite herbs. Driving home, I had the pleasure of having this aroma as a car freshener.


Now, I have cooked other dishes in the pas week with the intention of blogging about them, but there were some difficulties. I tried making thai green curry, but it came out way too spicy, then I also made chicken adobo, but I was very disappointed with the pictures. I need to perfect my thai green curry recipe and hopefully get better pictures next time I make chicken adobo. In the meantime, below is the tomato tart recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment