Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It begins.

Sobrasada con Tronchon




Since I finally settled on a blog name Crostini, I thought it would be fitting to have my first post be a type of crostini. I tried this dish called Sobrasada con Tronchon at Bar Pintxo in Santa Monica and just fell in love. Realizing how simple it was, I went to try to recreate it. You really can't go wrong with bread, cheese, meat, and honey, but I think this particular combination works. The meat is peppery while the cheese is a little salty, then the honey brings it all home.


My photographs need some work, but I am loving my new camera so far. I've only messed around with the autofocus so far, but will venture into manual pictures soon. I've included a picture with the recipe below. You can just click on it to make it enlarged. I couldn't make it any bigger, which is another thing I'll have to work on but this is what the blog is for. ;) Enjoy


1 comment: