Sunday, September 18, 2011

Taco Seasoning!



This is my first attempt at taco seasoning and it turned out pretty good! I altered a recipe from thewaytohisheart.wordpress.com and saw that she had a good point in homemade taco seasoning...NO MSG and you get to control the amount of salt that goes into your meal. I actually bought Kroger taco seasoning the other night fully expecting to use it, but I'm glad I didn't because this one was just as good and tasty.


Now, there's no secret to making tacos...tortillas, ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilanto, and avocado. BAM! I typically add black beans cooked with some garlic too, but I forgot to this time which was ok because the taco tasted very fresh. The recipe is down below. Just add 1 tbsp for every 1 lb of ground beef. I want to make sauteed mushrooms with a red wine sauce, but I need to think of a proper entree to go with it. Stay tuned! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment